Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Behind the Curtain

Sometimes when the curtain closes smiles erase. They vanish with the last piece of fabric touching the end of the stage. It is at that moment the every truth of every emotion shows itself. Truth doesn't need light, only the right moment. Today, my curtain has finally closed. I can finally allow my true emotions to reveal themselves. And it hurts. It hurts to internally be so sad all of the time. I feel like my happiness is just a moment when the tears are too afraid to come out. I cannot even explain why I feel this way. I can only describe remnant's of the reasoning behind them.

You ever hear a song, or see something on tv that puts you back into a place that you never want to visit again? A place where you heart dwells on the past? A place where tears are welcomed by warm cheeks and dirty palms? A place where minds dance in the pits of "shoulda-coulda-wouldas?" It is these triggering events that creep on you without warning. At that moment all you need is a moment. Until that moment is over and you can embrace a happy moment....at least until the curtain closes again...

No comments:

Post a Comment